Saturday, January 23, 2010

Settings and weather...


The cyclone season is here again, and this weekend we have one tracking towards Cooktown. This Cape York country (especially the orange area on the map) is where my next book The Cattleman's (or Rancher's)Adopted Family is set. My book actually starts with a low pressure system looming close.

We're in Townsville, but a cousin and his girlfriend are staying at our Tarzali cottage this weekend and keeping us informed (as well as looking after the guineas). Tarzali is inland, between Innisfail and Cairns and should be safe as long as the predictions are accurate. Good luck to other Far North Queenslanders. I always say that wind and rain make for good writing weather.

2 comments:

2paw said...

Now my sister lives in Qld I keep an extra special eye o the forecasts, even though she's much further south. I saw the low heading your way. I remember that lovely short story with the Golden Labradors when a cyclone hit!!!! Hope you are safe and sound and that the writing goes well.

Lacey Devlin said...

Thanks Barbara :) Olga (cyclone) is still flirting with us. Funny coincidence that you wrote about a low pressure system and now there's a cyclone. You're writing could have more power than you think ;)