Monday, March 16, 2009

a weekend to remember...

I've just had the most wonderful weekend away. Last week was my birthday and my lovely son took me to Brisbane, to shout me to a birthday lunch beside the Brisbane River and to go to the opening match of the football season between our team the North Queensland Cowboys and the Brisbane Broncos.
The Broncos won by one point, but it was all very exciting, although vexing that a streaker disrupted the game at a vital moment for our team.

We enjoyed a scrumptious breakfast in Paddington with Vicki and her man and Richard flew home to his little family, while I stayed on to visit with my daughters and sister and my mum. I was able to give Mum her copy of The Billionaire's Baby Surprise, complete with a dedication to her.
Vicki and I visited the Gallery of Modern art. I had lunch on the Southbank with my sister and we were able to talk and talk.

I also visited daughter Emma and granddaughter Lucy is doing a report on me for school. Her teacher said I counted as a famous person if my name was on the front of a book, so I am sending Lucy the collage for Her Cattleman Boss that we made together when she was staying with me last year.

I was even able to go to a fabulous concert in the rainforest at Montville where my son in law played with stunning beauty on a Steinway piano -- Brahms Intermezzi, Schubert's trout quintet and Mendelssohn's piano trio among others.

I feel so blessed to have enjoyed such a fabulous, enriching weekend with my wonderful family, but now, of course, I have to work even harder to make my deadline.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy Birthday, I can tell you had a wonderful time with your family!! Good luck with the deadline, was it Douglas Adams who said he liked the sound of deadlines whooshing past, or words to that effect???

Eleni Konstantine said...

Happy Birthday Barb!! What a wonderful way to spend it.

Magdalena Scott said...

Thank you for sharing the story of your wonderful weekend. Happy birthday a little late, and good luck with the deadline!

(It's okay to drink your tea from a mug when you're on deadline, right?)

Barbara Hannay said...

Thanks for the good wishes. it was a fabulous weekend. But now, yes, Magdalena, it's back to head down and drinking tea out of mugs.