Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Something new and something blue...

I discovered this amazing Romance Television channel yesterday. You can see interviews with all your favourite American authors like Nora Roberts, Suzanne Brockmann and Rachel Gibson, to name just a few. And there are reviews -- even an Oscar night style coverage of the RITA awards, with all the glamour and excitement. Crikey, if I'd gone, I really would have had to think hard about my "frock" -- oh, and a diet and a trip to the hairdresser and the nail bar. Much less stressful to stay home and garden.
It may be that I'm the last person on the planet to have discovered this channel, but I'm posting about it in case there are one or two others.
And how did I discover it? Can you tell I'm procrastinating before I dive into my next book? I've made lots of notes on little cards, in a notebook and on the computer and I have been doing masses of thinking, but there's been lots of "medical stuff" happening in our house lately. We're OK, but not great and I think I need to feel all the planets lined up to give me the go ahead and to recapture the thrill of diving into a new book. It will happen soon and it will be fun, I know, but first this morning, there's the dentist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't actually mind the dentist at all!!! Lesser of the two medical evils I suppose, though all my doctors are wonderful!! Hope the stars and planets align for you soon. I have ordered your new book and am just waiting for it to drop onto my verandah!! I read that you have published/written your 25th book!! How wonderful!!!I love the gold medal too: very swish!!!

Barbara Hannay said...

Actually, my dentist is lovely. And he's especially polite and courteous with his nurses, which I think is a very good sign.

Come to think of it, a dental nurse would be a very stress-free job... if you worked for a nice dentist.

Oh, and my January book The Bridesmaid's Best Man will be my 25th.