Friday, September 01, 2006

A week in the country...

My husband and son have just returned from their week camping and canoeing in North Queensland and I thought I'd share some of their photos with you.


On the banks of the Burdekin River. This paperbark must have been knocked over like this in a flood some time. Don't you just love the twisted trunks?



A lookout on the Atherton Tableland. They actually took a video from here, but I don't know how to put it on a blog. the scenery is gorgeous.



The Tully River Gorge -- so peaceful in this section, but there's very popular white water rafting further down the Tully.




Callistemons (Bottlebrush) on the Burdekin. They look a little faded in this photo but they can be spectacular.

There's nothing quite like cooking on a campfire. (The plastic containers keep everything dry in the canoe, but kind of spoil the outback ambience in a photo, don't they?)




And home again... the view from our balcony. At least it's a view of the sky... at sunset. We actually face the east and the sea, but the clouds reflect the sunset in the west. Gorgeous.


Meanwhile I have not finished my book, although I have given it a thorough overhaul and it's in better shape than it was a week ago. I just have to find the best way to end it -- always the hardest scene for me. How to make it fresh and different from every other ending????

2 comments:

2paw said...

What lovely photos!! Very different to here!!
I have every confidence in you!! The ending will be great and I'm hoping for an epilogue!!!

Barbara Hannay said...

Ah, my favourite reader, because she loves my epilogues.

Yes, this story is crying out for an epilogue!!!