Monday, September 18, 2006

A newspaper journalist is coming to interview me tomorrow and he wants me to list five books I love and five books I hate!!!

Help!!!!

Coming up with five books I love is hard enough – I love so many. But I could probably narrow them down (at the moment – my list changes almost daily) to:-

  • An Equal Music by Vikram Seth
  • The Other Side of You by Salley Vickers
  • Seven Little Australians by Ethel Turner
  • Middlemarch by George Eliot
  • Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher

But when it comes to books I hate, I simply cannot do it. To start with, I’m not a hater. I have trouble hating anything or anyone. Maybe that’s because I’m a romantic and I avoid hard truths. I don’t know.

There are books that have upset me or bored me, books I have set aside because life’s to short to waste on books I don’t enjoy when there are so many others waiting to be read. But hate? No.

So I guess I’ll have to come up with some clever way to duck and weave tomorrow.

Oh, and to report on my progress this week.

  • the fruit for the Christening cake soaked in rum and sherry over night
  • a third of my notes for the workshop are ready for photocopying
  • saw “the Squid and the Whale” from the Sydney travelling Film festival last night
  • no progress on new book
  • no kilos lost yet
  • am smiling some of the time

No comments: